Central Georgia Electric Membership Corporation (EMC) is an important provider of electric power to many homes and businesses in the Central Georgia area. Their mission is to provide the highest level of service to their customers and to ensure the reliable and safe delivery of electricity. As a customer of Central Georgia EMC, it is important to understand their billing process, as well as how to pay your Central Georgia EMC bill. This blog post will provide an overview of Central Georgia EMC’s billing process and how to pay your bill online. We will also discuss some of the common questions customers have about their Central Georgia EMC bill and how to contact Central Georgia EMC with any additional questions.
To make a payment, you may use this official links below:
Now you can make payment without logging in our portal. Use Quick Pay Check out our new feature quick pay. Quick Pay
Ways to Pay
Log in to the CGEMC Customer Portal. · Choose the “Schedule Automatic Payment” option from the Payment menu. · Enter either your credit card or checking
Allow me to introduce PayGo, a quick and easy way to pay your electric bill while you run errands!
With more than 50,000 retail locations nationwide, pay your bill wherever you shop. Heres how it works:
- Obtain your unique barcode.
- Take it with you where you shop.
- Make a cash payment at the cash register. Your payment is instantly applied to your CGEMC bill.
Manage your account anytime through the CGEMC Customer Portal. Create your account today!.
Your smartphone or other mobile device launches the web portal directly in the mobile browser. You have secure access to your account information through the web portal, where you can also view your bills and payment history, manage your alerts and reminders, and pay for one or more accounts using your mobile device. You can set up email notifications on the web portal.
Use the Central Georgia EMC app for Apple and Android devices to manage your account, pay bills, and do much more. With this free service, you can use our website’s online features on your smartphone. To download the Central Georgia EMC App right away, simply click on the relevant device link below.
What if my phone is not supported?
If the Mobile App is incompatible with your smartphone, our CGEMC web portal is accessible.
What are the features available on the Mobile App?
View your accounts, view your bills, pay securely from a mobile device, view your payment history, update or maintain your alert and reminder subscriptions, and get in touch with us by phone or email.
With the mobile app, you can view a map of our offices and payment locations, get push notifications, and more. You can even report a power outage at your location.
How do I view my bill through the Mobile App?
Utilizing the PDF reader on your smart device, our app will show PDF versions of your current bills.
Is the account information I see in the mobile app up to date?
Because it is displayed in real-time, the information you see in the mobile app and mobile web app is always accurate.
What if I want to receive push notifications for multiple accounts? How do I sign up for push notifications?
You will be prompted to enable push notifications for our app on your device the first time you open the CGEMC App after downloading it to your smartphone. Select OK to enable push notifications. Next, select each account you wish to receive push notifications for on this specific device, and then turn on the “Notify” option for each account.
The push notification settings for each account are device-specific, so if you have the CGEMC App installed on multiple devices, don’t forget to enable push notifications for your accounts on each one.
With Text-to-Connect, you can send brief commands from the mobile phone number listed on your account to make a payment, check your balance, or even report a power outage. Text JOIN to 352667 to begin receiving text alerts if you are a customer-owner who isn’t already. Send the text START to confirm that you want to receive text messages after receiving your welcome alert.
The following commands can be used to communicate with the customer information system after opting in:
- HELP– Gives you information about the service
- MENU – See a list of all available commands
- START– Confirms that you want to opt-in
- STOP– Opts you out of the service
- For those who take part in the prepaid metering payment plan, BAL- Provides the current balance owed or the prepaid metering balance.
- Payable through a stored debit/credit card or an eCheck profile.
- Report a power outage on up to four active accounts connected to your current mobile number on file by using the OUTAGE command.
- CALL– Delivers the CGEMC phone number
- RESET – Lets you restart the text session
You must first create a credit/debit card or echeck profile by logging into the CGEMC Customer Portal in order to text a payment.
Members have the option to set up automatic monthly payments through Central Georgia EMC. You can set up recurring monthly payments with the automatic payment option using a credit card or checking account.
- Log in to the CGEMC Customer Portal.
- Choose the “Schedule Automatic Payment” option from the Payment menu.
- Enter either your credit card or checking information.
- Your payment will be processed automatically each month whether you choose to pay on time or choose a different date.
- For a specific period, you might want to use the automatic payment system. By selecting an expiration date, your payments won’t be processed after that time.
- You will receive an email confirming your posted payment.
We provide a Credit Card/Bank Draft Payment Plan as a convenience to you.
Central Georgia EMC will process your credit card payment automatically each month for you on the day your statement is mailed once the proper paperwork authorizing automatic credit card or bank draft payments is completed. The Tuesday following the bill date is when a bank draft is processed. You will receive a bill every month that details your usage as well as any fees that were billed to your credit card or deducted from your checking account.
Our onsite payment kiosk accepts in-office payments around-the-clock. Cash, credit card, debit card, and check payments made at this kiosk will all be posted right away.
During business hours of 8:00 a.m., payments may also be made at the office in Jackson. m. to 5:00 p. m. Monday through Friday, or after 5:00 p.m. in the Night Depository m. or on the weekends.
Central Georgia EMC payments are also accepted at the Bank of Monticello branch in Monticello and the Cadence Bank branches in Macon at 1535 Bass Road and 5980 Zebulon Road.
Please note: The bank cannot accept past due payments.
Using our Tele-link system, you can conveniently pay your electric bill over the phone by dialing (770) 775-7857 or 1-800-222-4877 and selecting Option 2.
Customers using the Tele-link system can speak commands to the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system without having to press any number keys.
Tele-link makes paying your bill simple:
- 24-hour access from any touch-tone phone
- Checks, credit cards, or debit cards are accepted
- Save time and money by avoiding future post office visits.
- Payment is posted to your account within minutes
- To confirm that your payment has been received, a confirmation number is provided.
To make a payment by Tele-link:
- You will need your checkbook, credit card, or debit card.
- Have your CGEMC electric bill on hand, or at the very least, the account number that can be found in the top left corner of the bill.
- Call 770-775-7857 and select Option 2.
- Note: Tele-link can quickly connect you to a customer service agent or system operations at any time during the call.
- The IVR system will ask you for your account number, payment type, and amount after playing an introductory message. Pay close attention because the instructions may occasionally change.
- Your account number, the type of payment you’re making, and the amount that will be credited to your account will all be read back or verified by the IVR system.
- The IVR system will provide you with a confirmation number after a short while. Keep talking until you get the confirmation number so you can be sure the transaction was successfully completed.
How do I pay my electricity bill in Georgia?
Phone. Call 1 888 660 5890 to make a direct phone payment to Georgia Power Company any time of day or night, seven days a week. To pay with your checking or savings account, authenticate your account and enter your bank account and routing number.
What is Central Georgia EMC?
Over 62,000 billed accounts are served by Central Georgia Electric Membership Corporation, a customer-owned cooperative, in 15 counties (Bibb, Butts, Clayton, Fayette, Henry, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Monroe, Morgan, Murray, Newton, Pike, Putnam, and Spalding).