City Of Rockford Bill Pay

The City of Rockford offers many ways to pay your city bills, making it convenient and easy to manage your finances. Whether you’re paying your water bill, your property tax, or any other type of fee, there are multiple payment options available to city residents. From online payment platforms to in-person payment methods, the City of Rockford has you covered. In this blog post, we’ll look at each of the payment options available to you, so you can decide which one is the best fit for your needs. We’ll also discuss how to pay your city bills online, how to set up automatic payments, and how to contact the City of Rockford if you have questions or need additional information. With this information in hand, you’ll be able to manage your city bills with confidence!

To make a payment, you may use this official links below:

Pay My Bill

The City of Rockford offers Online Bill Pay for four City Services: Register and Pay your General Billing Invoice online, which includes invoicing for

Utility Billing

You can use the automated phone system by calling 1-844-738-1055. Payments can be made using a checking account or any major credit card. Payments completed by

city of rockford bill pay

Garbage Collection

The City contracts with Rock River Disposal Services, Inc. for rubbish, recyclable and landscape waste pick up. The water bill for the current month, during which the garbage is picked up, includes monthly garbage fees. If your property is vacant and you have a rubbish-only account, you must pay any outstanding balance and contact customer service at 779-348-7300 to have the account deactivated and the charges stopped. Failure to notify the City will result in the account continuing to be charged.

Please be aware that sanitation fines or fees may be added to water bills for collection.

Payment Options

For more information, please call our office at 779-348-7300 from Monday through Friday from 8:00a to 5:00p. m. to 5:00p. m. Additionally, the city provides financial assistance through our Hardship Program if you are having financial problems. To schedule an appointment, kindly call our Human Services Department at 844-710-6919.

Other organizations providing aid are Rockford Township (815-962-8855), Salvation Army (815-972-1135), and Catholic Charities (815-544-5434, ext. 2 or Spanish 815-344-6956 Ext 4.

The following payment options are available for water/waste account payments for your convenience:


Payments can be made at City Hall, located at 425 E State Street, from 8:00 a. m. to 5:00 p. m. , Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. You can also pay by check or money order at the after-hours Payment Drop Box next to City Hall’s south entrance.

In addition, the following places now accept payments. Don’t forget that some places may charge a convenience fee for the service. When making a payment, please have your pay stub or 9-digit account number handy.

Walmart Stores 2101 Gateway Center Drive, Belvidere 3849 Northridge Drive, 3802 West Riverside Boulevard, 7219 Walton Street, 4781 E Rockton Road, Roscoe.


You can pay your bill with a check by mailing your payment and stub to the following addresses: Payment Center, City of Rockford, and P O. Box 8492, Carol Stream, IL 60197-8492. To prevent processing delays, please write your 9-digit account number (the last numbers after the dash on your bill) on the check if a stub is not available to send.


You can use the automated phone system by calling 1-844-738-1055. Any major credit card or a checking account can be used to make payments. Payments completed by 11:00 a. m. Central Time will be posted the same day. Payments completed after 11:00 a. m. will be posted the next business day. Your printed bill’s 8-digit bill number and 9-digit City of Rockford account number are required. There is a $3. 00 fee for using this service.

E-Billing and Auto-Draft

We offer e-billing and Auto-Draft. Please click here and follow the prompts listed to enroll. E-billing and Auto-draft are free, secure and easy to use. To receive our e-billing notifications after enrolling, please add [email protected] to your safe emails list. You can also make one-time payments online at your convenience. The fee for one-time payments is $2. 00.

Please be aware that it is your responsibility to check your email and review your bills each month if you choose to sign up for electronic billing. Enrolling in e-billing ensures that all correspondence is sent electronically. We occasionally send notifications from [email protected] or [email protected].

When registering for e-billing, you have the option to sign up for text message notifications and PDF statements. When enrolling in auto-draft, you might additionally be given the choice of setting a threshold amount.


Please let us know if you want the water turned back on if it has been disconnected and you are paying the balance on your account so we can schedule it.

In order to prevent service interruption, you must contact Customer Service in person or by phone at 779-348-7300 during business hours if you receive a red delinquent notice on your bill and make a payment.

A $25. Any notice of disconnect that is issued more than once during a rolling six-month period will incur a 00 fee.

In the event that the water is shut off for non-payment, all past-due amounts plus a $75 fee 00 plus tax must be paid before restoring services. The availability of scheduled work may change, and we cannot guarantee same-day appointments. All appointments must be attended by a person who is at least 18 years old, and we need access to the meter. If someone is not present, there will be a $50. 00 missed call charge.

A $25. Any returned payment will incur a 00 fee that will be added to your account.

Request New Utility Service

Call the customer service center at 779-348-7300 to set up new service, inquire about your current water service, or ask a billing question. Contact Rock River Disposal Services at 815-965-2489 with any inquiries regarding your garbage collection, or visit the city’s solid waste website at gov/city-departments/community-and-economic-development/sanitation/.

The buyer of any property in the city, as well as any mortgagee, trustee, or lien claimant, is responsible for notifying the customer service department in writing of their intent to buy the property in the event that ownership changes. Furthermore, any unpaid balance must be settled before the new owner is added to the account.

A $25. To open a new residential account (up to 2 units), an additional 00 application fee must be paid. ).

A $50. A new non-residential account (multi-family of three units or more, irrigation, commercial, and fire) will incur an additional 00 application fee. ).

Leave a Comment