Payment of water bills can be a stressful and time-consuming task. The City of Gladstone has streamlined the process to make it easier than ever to stay current on your water bill. Our blog post, “Gladstone Water Bill Pay,” will explore the various payment options available to Gladstone residents, demystifying the process and providing helpful information to make it easier to stay current on your bills.
This post will provide a comprehensive overview of the payment options available and outline the advantages that each brings to the table. From the traditional in-person payment option to the convenience of online and automated payment services, we’ll explore the different payment options and provide helpful advice on making the most of each. We’ll also provide guidance on setting up payment plans and compare the various methods of payment billing to help you make an informed decision.
No matter where you are in your water bill payments, we’re here to
To make a payment, you may use this official links below:
Citizen Access. Welcome to the City of Gladstone, Missouri. Email Address: Password: log in, new user. Click here to view site’s browser compatibility
Other Options for Paying Your Water Bill
Pay Your Utility Bill Online · 1. First you will sign up for your Citizen Access account (see Citizen Access link below). · 2. Log back in to Citizen Access,
The City of Gladstone, in partnership with North Clackamas County Water Commission (NCCWC), supplies healthy drinking water of the highest quality to residents. The water source is the Clackamas River.
Our utility billing division issues invoices for stormwater, sewage, and water services. The City of Gladstone has about 3600 customer accounts.
- Every month on the last business day, billing statements are mailed.
- Payments have a five-day grace period after being due on the tenth of the month.
- The City provides a number of efficient payment options: set up automatic withdrawals from a checking or savings account; pay in person with cash, checks, money orders, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover cards; or set up auto pay from a checking or savings account. You can make a free online payment here. To make a free phone payment, dial 866-721-1072.
Every change to an account must be submitted in writing to the City of Gladstone. Please fill out the form found HERE if you are moving into or out of a residence owned by the City of Gladstone. When you are finished filling out the form, click “submit,” and the Utility Billing Clerk will receive an email with all the details we require.
If you’re new to Gladstone and need to get in touch with other utilities, CLICK HERE for a list of all the utility providers within the city limits of Gladstone.
The City of Gladstone provides two options for setting up automatic payments on your utility account:
- Fill out the form found HERE using your checking or savings account, or fill out the information on the back of your bill, and bring it to the utility billing office with the current month’s payment. On the tenth of the month, the utility billing department will process your payment. The payments are processed the following business day if the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday. Using a checking or savings account to set up auto payments for an account will not take effect until the following billing cycle.
- Using a debit or credit card (PLEASE NOTE THAT AMERICAN EXPRESS IS NOT ACCEPTED) You must first create an online account; instructions can be found HERE. Then set up your account for auto-pay, instructions found HERE.
Please see the instructions HERE if you are experiencing any problems with your credit/debit card auto-pay.
Our utility billing department can be reached by phone at 503-557-2771 or email at [email protected] from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday*. gladstone. or. or visit us in person at 18505 Portland Avenue, Gladstone, OR 97027, the location of the city hall.