How To Change Name On Water Bill

Changing your name on a water bill can be a tricky process, but it is an important step to ensure your billing information is up-to-date. Whether you’ve gotten married, divorced, or changed your name for any other reason, having the correct name on the water bill is essential. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of changing your name on a water bill. From finding the correct form to completing it, we’ll give you all of the information you need to make the name change process easy and efficient. With the correct information, you can quickly and easily change your name on your water bill so that all your billing information is accurate and up-to-date.

Account Information Update

Download form to register a new water and sewer account or to update owner contact information. Call 311 or 212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675) to request a paper copy.

Water and wastewater fees will be completely waived for the property if annual consumption is under 9,493 centrum cubic feet (CCF). The property will receive a partial exemption and charges will be assessed at “one half” the total consumption if consumption is between 9,494 and 19,053 CCF. The property will not receive a discount and will be charged at the full rate for the total consumption if consumption exceeds 19,053 CCF annually.

Customers can ask for the credit to be transferred to another property, account, or to be refunded to them in the form of a check if they have a credit balance on one of their water and wastewater accounts. Please be aware that all requests must be accompanied by documentation of payment, such as receipts and cancelled checks. Please fill out the Refund and Transfer of Credit Application and mail it to the address on the form if you want to transfer or refund credit.

Businesses need a Hydrant Water Use Permit in order to use water from a city fire hydrant. This permit allows for temporary access to hydrant water and is paid for in advance on a “per day of use” basis. See Chapter 20 of Title 15 of the New York City Rules.

This application is for property owners whose “entire premises” meter has taken the place of a prior separate meter for a commercial tenant. The owner will be able to hire a licensed plumber to perform work to install a new meter for the commercial tenant if he is approved based on the information provided in this application. Together, that new meter and the current “entire premises” meter will cover the entire property, and DEP will bill for both. Print the Application for Separate Commercial Meter Billing, complete it, and mail it to the address provided on the form to request a separate commercial meter.

Some customers who are current on their water and wastewater charges may be eligible for wastewater allowances, including those for evaporative cooling towers and standard wastewater allowances. A property must have a dedicated metered water supply for a process that does not completely drain its water into the wastewater system in order to be eligible. For more details, please review the rules outlined in the NYC Water Board Water and Wastewater Schedule, Part III, Section 7, pages 14–17.

Requesting a bill transfer from the utility provider over the phone or in person will put a utility bill in your name. Next, deliver identification documentation to the business, such as a driver’s license, and proof of your billing address, such as a lease agreement. Make a deposit payment for liability purposes and set a bill transfer date if the company so requests. Scroll down for advice on how to install a new utility!

Why have you sent me a leaflet about how you share and use my personal data?

To inform you of our obligations regarding the use of your personal information and what Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies do with the information we share with them The Data Protection Act of 1998 makes it necessary for us to be transparent about what we will and won’t do with your data.

Please contact us so that we can discuss the changes you need.

How to Mutation & Change Name in Delhi Jal Board Bill || पानी बिल में नाम चेंज कैसे करे ||Online


How do I put water in my name?

You must provide the utility provider with identification, such as your ID, driver’s license, or birth certificate, as well as your billing address, which is typically on a lease agreement or other official document. In some circumstances, the business might also ask for records pertaining to your employment status or credit history.

How do I contact NYC water Board?

Call 718-595-7000 or send an email to customer service for questions about water and sewer billing and dispute resolution procedures. For more information, visit Customer Service. Property owners facing a lien sale can contact [email protected]. nyc. gov or 718-595-6628. Visit Overdue Water & Sewer Charges to learn more.

How do I transfer my water bill to a new owner in NJ?

Existing Properties You must bring a copy of the deed or closing documents to Billing and Customer Service, which is located at City Hall, 920 Broad Street, Room 117, Newark, New Jersey 07102, in order to change ownership of an existing account.

How do I set up a water bill in NYC?

Call our customer service call center at (718) 595-7000 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Email DEP at: [email protected]. nyc. gov. Include your property’s address, your phone number, and your water and wastewater account numbers, if available.


Leave a Comment