Sioux Falls residents have access to a wide range of utilities, including electricity, gas, water, sewer, and trash, all of which are billed through the city. Paying your utilities bill can be a simple process, but if you’re unfamiliar with the procedures, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this post, we’ll cover the basics of Sioux Falls Utilities Bill Pay, from the types of payment methods accepted to how to read your bill. We’ll also answer some common questions related to your utilities bill payments so that you can be sure you’re making timely payments, avoiding late fees, and keeping up with your bills. Understanding your utilities bill can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right information and resources, you can make sure you’re on top of your bills and in control of your finances. Let’s get started.
To make a payment, you may use this official links below:
New billing and payment portal coming soon! Please look for updates to be posted here, and in your email if you are enrolled in e-bill statement delivery.
To make a payment, please enter in your Customer Number and Account Number (click here for help finding your Customer and Account Numbers), then select your
Water meters are read monthly to determine water consumption. The majority of meters can be read remotely, so a field technician won’t need to enter your property. An estimated reading will be used if a real meter reading is not possible. Usage is measured in 100-cubic-foot (CCF) units, which are equal to 748 gallons. Monthly bills are produced and are due 21 days after the bill date. If payment is made after the due date, a late fee will be added to the account.
Sioux Falls Utilities offers a variety of payment options:
- In person: During regular business hours, customers can pay their bills in person at the Sioux Falls Utilities Billing Office, located at 224 West 9th Street, ground floor. For after-hours use, there is a drop box near the ground floor entrance in the alley. Please do not put cash in the drop box.
- By mail: Sioux Falls Utilities offers customers a free, pre-addressed envelope to use when sending checks. (Please do not mail cash. ) .
- Automated Bill Payment Plan (ACH): Customers’ checking or savings accounts may be used to deduct monthly payments. To obtain an application, call or visit the billing office, or you can download one by clicking the link to the right.
- Online Bill Payment: utilities.siouxfalls.org
- Call (605) 367-8131 for an interactive voice response (IVR) at any time, seven days a week. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit and debit cards. To access your account, make sure to have your bill handy and follow the simple phone prompts.